Sometimes your fridge will stop working on gas because of no gas supply. It will either need resetting or it will require a full fridge service. These instructions will explain how to reset a fridge if it's not working on gas.
Re-setting your fridge is easy and can be done in less than five minutes.
For a Thetford fridge an error code number will come up on the display screen to the far right and all display lights will flash. Refer to your manual as to what the code means.
Start by checking the gas bottle
- Check your gas bottle to ensure it’s not empty and if needed change to your spare full bottle.
- Ensure the regulator on the gas bottle is fully open and the isolation valve is open. You will find your isolation valve on the gas lines inside the gas locker. Ensure the yellow valve is in line with the gas lines.
Check the gas supply
- Light your gas hob on your oven to check gas supply is coming in if it is you'll know you have gas supply coming to your other outlets and thus should have gas coming to your fridge
Reset the Fridge
- Ensure you have selected the Gas icon on the fridge control panel (3rd button from the left should be lit up)
- Turn the fridge off, then back on again.
- Dometic only- you will see a button to the right - triangle with an exclamation mark. Hold this button down for 5 seconds to do a reset
- Go outside and listen for clicking coming from the lower outside fridge vent, this will ensure you have selected the right operation and the ignitor is attempting to light - it should click a few times then ignite.
Each year your fridge needs a service to clean out the line that the gas travels through as this blocks up over time. Annual fridge servicing is a requirement of most motorhome and caravan fridges warranty terms. The TrailLite Service Centre can complete a fridge service and recommends doing this as when you complete your annual motorhome or caravan service check.
If you are still having trouble, please contact a service agent near you. A list of Dometic fridge service agents can be found by clicking here.
The TrailLite Service Centre is always here to help so please contact us if you require any further support or to make a booking.