This article explains what to do if the TV in your motorhome isn't working and if your Satellite Dish is not picking up a signal.
There is not a lot that can go wrong with your TV itself apart from it not being plugged in, however, the most common reason faults occur with your TV is related to the Satellite Dish not picking up a signal.
- The first thing to check is the 12-volt plug and aerial plug.
- Follow the plugs from the back of your TV to where they are plugged in.
- Ensure the 12volt plug is firmly pushed in. The vibration from travelling can sometimes make the plug slip out.
- Also, check the aerial plug and HDMI to ensure they are firmly plugged in as well.
- Another thing to check is what “Source” you have chosen.It could be on the wrong option such as DVD or USB etc.
- If you have a Sky Box, ensure HDMI is your selected source.You will have two remote controls. The TV remote is for turning the TV on and off and the other remote for the Sky Box is for channels, volume etc
Once you have checked these and if the TV is now going but the display says “No Signal” this will relate to your Satellite Dish not picking up a signal. It is important to wait a good 2-3 minutes while the dish tries to find a signal. If the dish continues to spin around, please refer below:
The satellite dish isn't picking up a signal
When using a manual or automatic satellite dish at times it can fail to pick up a signal meaning that you’re not getting any coverage on the TV.
When your satellite dish isn’t picking up signal or doesn’t appear to be working, you’ll know this is happening by two things; no picture on your TV or the satellite dish is going around and around.
There could be a few reasons why your dish will not pick up the signal which could relate to your location or an issue with the dish itself:
Ensure your house battery is well charged. If your house battery is running low this could affect the performance of your Satellite Dish and TV.
The most common reason a satellite dish isn't picking up signal is that you’re parked in a black spot or high trees/buildings could be blocking your signal.
First, try moving your parking location
Arm on your Dish
- Go outside and look up at your dish on the roof
- The long arm should be in the opposite direction of the dish.
- If they are together, you will need to pull it away.See diagram below (this is the correct position):
Neither of these work
If you still cannot pick up a good signal or your satellite dish doesn’t appear to be working at all. It could be a fault that needs fixing by an expert. Please contact Apollo Entertainment on 09 424 1427 and they will talk you through a reset or refer you to one of their agents.