This article covers the Fiat motorhome engine and what you need to know about how they operate.
Notes on your engine
- Ensure you read your truck manual and follow your service requirements.
- You are welcome to check your oil and top up your window washer liquid but do not top-up anything else as this will be taken care of at your yearly service.
- As you are unable to access your truck battery from under the bonnet, you will find specific jump-start positions under the bonnet (refer to the video below). Your truck battery is located on the cab underfloor area on the passenger side.
- It is important to start the engine or take your motorhome for a drive at least every 3 weeks if you are not using it, so your truck battery does not go flat. If your motorhome is going into storage, it may pay to lock the battery up to a trickle charger.
- Speed Limit:
- WOF= 100km (Renewal is 3 years from new, then yearly)
- COF = 90kms (Renewal every 6 months from new)
- Comes with a two-year engine warranty and should be serviced yearly at your local Fiat dealer.
Opening the Bonnet
Open the passenger side door and you will see a handle on the side of the dash. Pull the handle down to pop the bonnet.
Diesel and Ad Blue
To access your diesel and ad blue inlets, you will find these on the left side of your motorhome. You need your Truck key to open and re-lock the diesel cap. (refer to the video below)
All-new Fiat Ducato’s require Ad Blue and you will find the blue cap just below the diesel cap. Ad Blue is an exhaust fluid that reduces emissions. Tiny amounts of Ad Blue are injected into the flow of exhaust gases. You will be notified in the dash inside your motorhome when it starts to run low, and it will tell you how many km’s you have left before it runs out. Please ensure you do top it up when required or at your next convenience.
If you do not top up your Ad Blue your engine’s power and performance will be reduced, and your motorhome will eventually stop and will not start again until the Ad Blue is topped up. Another brand name of this product is “Go Clear”.
Truck Battery and Jump Starting
As your truck battery is located on the under-floor area inside the cab area, if your truck battery runs low and will not start, there are jump-start positions under the bonnet. It is much easier to jump start from under the bonnet as opposed to accessing from the under-floor area.
Please refer to the video below on where and how to pop the bonnet and you will see where to attach your jumper leads.